barebones ©Thor May 2001 back to barebones index
All the materials in barebones are working teaching documents
subject to review, alteration or abandonment in classroom practice.
Anyone is welcome to use this stuff, but copyright remains with
Thor May. Feedback, positive or negative, is very welcome.
ESL materials & ideas developed in Korea
Location - Giving Local DirectionsProcedure
1. Students to draw a map showing the roads from Sungsim College to the Bansong branch of Pusan Bank.
2. Explain the idea of landmarks. Students to insert landmarks into their map.
3. Revise directional vocabulary : go to the front gate, turn left, go down the hill, go three blocks, you will see a kindergarten on the right, etc.
4. Students practice giving the directions to a partner
5. Selected students draw a map on the board and give directions
6. Selected students role play an encounter and directional inquiry.
7. Extend the process to other destinations; e.g. the hospital.
"Giving Local Directions" copyrighted to Thor May 2001; all rights reservedback to barebones index