"Composition Through Pictures", page 16
1. Welcome to Winhope City. It's small, but you'll find everything you need here.
2. I'm pleasantly surprised already. What are our plans for today?
3. Well, I thought that we might catch the West Ferry over to Clear Bay.
4. Is that on Sunday Island?
5. Yes, that's right. It is hilly, but quite pretty. We could hike to the wireless station on the eastern end of the island, and have a picnic.
6. That sounds nice. First though, I have to do a little business. Where are the government offices?
7. Oh they are right in the centre of the CBD. We are at the post office now, so you just go around the block.
8. OK, fine. After that, I need to drop into the hospital.
9. Mm. That's a little more complicated. If you go south-east from the government offices, past the sports ground and across Sports Road, you'll come to Park Road in the next block. Turn left at Park Road and walk a couple of blocks.
10. Yes, that is a bit difficult. I might catch a taxi. How about I meet you at the West Ferry in a couple of hours?
1. Memorize the text for
2. Write a conversation
between yourself and an international visitor to the Asian Games