Tom Jones Was Not Popular Today - Thor May
ref. Heaton, "Composition Through Pictures", page 15
1. Tom can't understand why nobody likes him. He never considers anyone else.
2. Today, for example, he caused a huge traffic jam downtown.
3. His big, old American car got a puncture right in the middle of an intersection.
4. " Get that heap of junk off the road", yelled all the drivers, and honked their horns.
5. Tom didn't care. He took out his spare wheel and jack, then started to change the wheel.
6. Soon two policeman arrived. While one directed the traffic, the other booked Tom for illegal parking and causing a public nuisance.
7. Well, Tom did care when he got a $400 fine. Then they towed his car away.
8. By that time the traffic was banked up for a kilometer in every direction.
9. Frustrated passengers even got off the buses and started to walk.
10. All the locals were hanging out their windows and standing in doorways to watch the show. Tom was definitely very unpopular.
1. Memorize the text for telling
2. Write some sentences about a traffic problem you have seen.
"Tom Jones Was Not Popular Today" © copyrighted to Thor May; all rights reserved 2002
e-mail Thor May