Thieves - Thor May
ref. Heaton, "Composition Through Pictures", page 5
1. While the Jones family was in their living room, two thieves entered.
2. Grandma was watching television, and Mrs Jones was knitting.
3. The two children, John and Pam, were also watching TV.
4. Mr Jones was reading his newspaper, while the dog was looking at a dog picture in the newspaper.
5. None of them noticed the thieves behind their backs.
6. The thieves were dressed in black, and wore black masks.
7. They stole a radio, and many precious things from a cabinet.
8. Later the police could not believe that the Jones family had been so careless.
9. The dog was in disgrace, and got no bones for a week.
10. On TV, the children and grandma had been watching a crime story.
1. Tell the story from memory.
2. Who might ask these questions ? =>
Did you notice anything suspicious?
What exactly is missing ?
What were you doing at the time of the crime?
3. Write this story without looking at the text. Begin with the words "At this moment ...."
4. Answer the questions in the picture story.
"Thieves" © copyrighted to Thor May; all rights
reserved 2002 << homepage
e-mail Thor May
"Thieves" © copyrighted to Thor May; all rights reserved 2002