- Thor May
"Composition Through Pictures", page 16
1. Some people like to go shopping, but some people hate it.
2. Usually it is less crowded in indoor shops than in the market. However, the market is sometimes cheaper.
3. The market is a good place for 'people watching', and the stall displays can be very colourful.
4. In shops, though the prices are higher, the goods are usually of guaranteed quality.
5. Indoor shops are the best place to buy things when hygiene control is important. Thus, this is where you find cakes, bread, and meat.
6. However, the market is an especially good place to buy fresh produce, like fruit and vegetables.
7. Sometimes farmers bring their goods to markets directly, and they are usually willing to bargain.
8. Pre-packaged and manufactured goods are usually found in shops, and their prices are about the same everywhere.
9. When imported goods compete with local goods, the competition may be very strong and you can get bargains.
10. Some lucky people who travel overseas can buy
expensive things like cameras more cheaply
in other countries.
1. Memorize the text for
2. Write some sentences
shopping in Korean markets
to shopping in a supermarket..
3. Answer the questions
on the picture page
© copyrighted to Thor May; all rights reserved 2002
e-mail Thor May