Race - Thor May
[Mr Brown is interviewed by a journalist]
"Composition Through Pictures", page 11
1. "Is it true, Mr Brown, that you shot a duck without a hunting license?"
2. "Well, um, not exactly. I was starting a foot race, and a duck got in the way."
3. " I beg your pardon sir! I don't understand. Could you please explain."
4. "You see, I'm the sports master at Glenbrook High School."
5. "That still doesn't answer the question of how a duck got shot."
6. "Last Saturday we had an athletics meeting at Hanson Stadium. "
7. "Were there many spectators?"
8. "Yes the place was packed. Everyone wanted to cheer their favourites on".
9. "I still don't understand. Where did the duck come from?"
10. "Well, all the competitors lined up and I fired the starting gun in the air. Then this duck hit me on the head. I was so startled I almost fainted."
1. Memorize the text for
2. Write some sentences
about sports meetings or stadiums you have visited
3. Answer the questions
on the picture page
Brown's Race" © copyrighted to Thor May; all rights reserved 2002
e-mail Thor May