barebones ©Thor May 2006 back to barebones index
All the materials in barebones are working teaching documents
subject to review, alteration or abandonment in classroom practice.
Anyone is welcome to use this stuff, but copyright remains with
Thor May. Feedback, positive or negative, is very welcome.
ESL materials & ideas developed in Korea
Speech frames (1) for Chungju students :
i) Make up your own English sentences with the speech-frames below;
ii) Try to join several speech-frames into one story (if you are clever!).
1. Join us for __________________________________
2. Walk across _______________________________
3. The trip takes ______________________________
4. You are sure to see ___________________________
5. If you _________________________________ , this is for you.
6. You can attend _______________________________
7. This is not for _______________________________
8. This is the perfect _________________________
9. You can explore _____________________________
10. I must go _________________________________
11. All I ask is _______________________________
12. There is a grey mist ________________________
13. _______________________ is a windy day
14. I think he wants _________________________
15. It used to be ________________________________
ICON - International Communication Through English *
by Donald Freeman, Kathleen Graves & Linda Lee; 2005
published by McGraw Hill (Asia), New York
"Speech Frames for ICON " copyrighted to Thor May 2006; all rights reservedback to barebones index