Thor May; translation by 박준영
+ Excuse me, how do I get a bus to Chungju terminus?
실례합니다 . 충주터미널 가는 버스 타려면 어떻게 하지요 ?
- When you leave this building, walk out to the road, turn right and go down to the front gate.
이 건물 나가시면 길에서 오른편 정문 쪽으로 가세요 .
+ Is the bus from there?
거기 버스가 서나요 ?
- No, you have to continue a couple of hundred meters out to the highway, and cross it.
아니오 . 큰길 쪽으로 한 이백 미터쯤 더 가서 길을 건너셔야 돼요 .
You'll see a bus shelter.
- 그럼 버스 정류장이 보일 거에요 .
+ How do I know which bus to catch?
어떤 버스를 타야 되죠 ?
- Look for "Chungju Shinae Bus" on the front.
충주시내버스라고 적힌 걸 타세요 .
"Shinae" means 'town centre'.
The fare is 850 won.
요금은 850 원이에요 .
+ How often does it come?
얼마나 자주 다니나요 ?
- About once every ten minutes.
10 분에 한 대 꼴로 다녀요 .
1. Practice the intonation of this dialogue.
2. Draw a map which fits the directions which speaker B gives. This will help your memory.
3. Memorize the dialogue, if possible with a partner. Learn the parts of both speaker A and speaker B.
4. Make a sentence skeleton of the dialogue. That is, just write out the first letter of each word like this : e - m - h - d - i - g - a - b - t - c -j - t ? [ = Excuse me, how do I get a bus to Chung-ju terminus? ].
5. Now cover up the dialogue and try to remember using the sentence skeleton only. Test yourself again tomorrow !
6. Make up a similar dialogue for someone who wants to go from your own apartment to catch a bus to the town centre, or to some other place.
"A Bus To Chungju Terminus" copyrighted to Thor May 2005; all rights reserved
May; translation by 박준 영
( Wordsworth Translation & Publishing Services, www. wordsworth.co.kr)
[to view the Korean hangeul fonts on this page, users with English operating systems will need to install the MS Windows IME international fonts option and select Korean as a recognized language]